Question about printing invoices

ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Apr 16 11:04:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I've never played with the images myself; my logo is an eps image
> and that doesn't ever print properly.

> >     I have
> > therefore tried creating a header image with my logo, name and
> > contact details on it. Unfortunately, when GnuCash prints
> > this, it is very pixellated (looks like a preview of the
> > image rather than the image itself), giving the text a very
> > unprofessional appearance.
> >
> > Has anyone sorted out what is needed to do this? Is there a
> > magic resolution and size for the image for it to work properly?

The magic resolution will change with a change in the printers
resolution (different printer, different magic resolution).  What
I've started doing for my own use (not inside GnuCash, just in
general) is to produce my logo in some vector format (in my case,
SVG) which can be rendered at whatever bitmap resolution works
well for the printer.  Geometric shapes aren't too difficult to
translate into a vector format, and any printing should be in a
typeface that is vector (most postscript fonts should qualify
there).  It tends to involve a lot of trial and error to get
things to work properly.

Gord