Question about printing invoices

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Sun Apr 18 09:34:50 EDT 2004

In a previous message, <ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:

> The magic resolution will change with a change in the printers resolution
> (different printer, different magic resolution).  What I've started doing
> for my own use (not inside GnuCash, just in general) is to produce my logo
> in some vector format (in my case, SVG) which can be rendered at whatever
> bitmap resolution works well for the printer.

Is there anyone on this list who know how GnuCash prints images? The present
situation makes this a definite weak point within GnuCash IMO - I know of no
other package that is so fussy and uncommunicative about printing images.
Someone must have written the current printing code...

Actually (having been doing a little testing), I take back a pleased comment I
made earlier - GnuCash does indeed display bold text both as part of its own
formatting and as a result of tags I entered. However, these do not *print* as
bold - they are just normal text. This is evident in the Preview as well as in
the final printouts. How do I fix this?

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price