Bill amount <> check amount

Phil sublime78ska at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 11:32:18 EDT 2004

I created a bill for 85.22.  I paid it, and in my checking acct register
is a check (7110) for 85.22.  However, when I actually wrote the check,
I wrote 85.11.

When I reconciled my bank statement, I changed the check amount to 85.11
so the statement would balance.

Then, my bills due reminder showed I owed 11 cents (true, but I already
paid it on the next month's bill.)  To balance the bill, I added a split
to check 7110 to credit (rebate column) the expense account 11 cents.
Now everything is balanced.

My question is: Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks,

Phil