Installation Problems with Mac OSX

Howard Kim howardk at mail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:45:46 EDT 2004

   Hello Robyn,

   Installation of GnuCash via fink can sometimes be problematic because
of package dependencies.  I'm not sure if you are just selecting
'gnucash' and letting the packages figure out the dependencies, but if
you are, that might be the root of your problem.

> ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
> /sw/lib/libt1x.1.dylib is not prebound
> ld: Undefined symbols:

   It does look like you have a dependency problem with 'libt1x.1'.
Although, I am not sure which package this is related to, I often find
the following procedure helpful to get fink to install the packages in
the right order.

(Steps assumed through FinkCommander)
   1. Select 'gnucash' for 'source install'.
   2. When the list of dependencies show up, copy and paste the list
somewhere (I like using Stickies) and select 'NO'.  This should cancel
the build, but get you the list of dependencies.
   3. Then go through the list of dependencies and install them first
before installing gnucash.  I like install the lib/perlmods and libs
first, base and gnome related later with a random selection of other
packages in between.
   4. When all the dependencies are done, I then install gnucash and it
should install without asking about any dependencies.

   I've installed gnucash like this on two powerbooks without any
problems.  It is more time consuming and I wish the package
dependencies worked better, but at least I get an install without
problems.

   Hope this helps,
   Howard