`Balance' dialog box.. what is it for.

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Aug 5 00:15:11 EDT 2004

"Wiggins d Anconia" <wiggins at danconia.org> writes:

Wiggins, I appreciate the gest of your comments and see I'll need to
spend time on docu.  But lets not build a straw man here to defend
against.

> Not sure if this is a common thread topic, but I would like to say I am
> very glad GnuCash is not just another simple check entry program, I can

No reason to be glad handing the product; no one has said it should be
`just' anything.  Only that it should not make doing simple check book
accounting a major time sink.  That is one halmark of good software.
It makes things easier.

> accomplish that with a text editor easily enough.

You've gone clear around the bend here.  I've used about all the unix
type editors.  Quite a lot really.  I've yet to see one doing math as I
type in it.  Haven't noticed one to account for recurring payments
either.  Field presentation on and on ...

To make a text editor do those things would take extensive programmign
skills.

Lets not get too silly with our comments.