gnucash-1.4 test files [was Re: Leftover Files]

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Aug 19 09:01:24 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:42:44PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > Gnucash 1.8 is supposed to be able to import the 1.4 files.  The code
> > to do this is still in there; its still compiled into gnucash.
> > Something must have broke along the way.  I hate to volunteer for this,
> > but I wrote 95% of the 1.4 code and still remember how it works, so
> > could probably fix it.
>
> Yes, I do believe something broke along the way, but I have no idea
> what broke, when, or how..  Nor do I have any 1.4 data files running
> around to use as test cases (perhaps we should include some test
> data for each major release we plan to support?).

doc/examples/trading.xac and trading2.xac are both 1.4 files; there
may be others in that directory.

The current cvs built gnucash was able to import 'trading.xac' just
fine; so whatever it is that was broken in the 1.4 format, its not
broken here.  i.e. this is a real bug ...

BTW, the gnucash version 1.4 file import even has a nice druid to go
with it!

--linas