`Balance' dialog box.. what is it for.

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 19 09:48:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 07:25 -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 09:20:31PM -0600, Wiggins d Anconia was heard to remark:
> > > I guess for my use I will continue to check [x] let gnucash add a
> > > balancing split.
>
> Wish there was some simpler, less confusing way of handling this.
> Maybe the dialog should try to explain more about why things are
> unbalanced?

I would like an option to let me leave it unbalanced and still go to
another transaction. I usually get these when importing OFX files
(sometimes importing QIF as well) and then go through and balance them.
Sometimes I click on the wrong one and prefer to handle it later.

--
Aaron Gaudio           agaudio @ eng.mc.xerox.com           585-422-6876
               madcap @ irc://rockhopper.eng.mc.xerox.com