Ordering debits (I finally have a complaint!)

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon Aug 23 14:43:16 EDT 2004

When several credits and debits occur on the same day, Quicken is nice
enough to order the credits before the debits.  Is there a way to make
Gnucash do the same?  I run into an issue when I try to eyeball my
balance, when my register looks like this:

                               		Amount		Balance
01/15/04 whatever                                       100.05
01/15/04 Car bill        		100		0.05
01/15/04 Electric bill			100		-99.95
01/15/04 Gas Bill			100		-199.95
01/15/04 Paycheck				500	300.05

Instead of:

                               		Amount		Balance
01/15/04 whatever                                       100.05
01/15/04 Paycheck				500	600.05
01/15/04 Car bill        		100		500.05
01/15/04 Electric bill			100		400.05
01/15/04 Gas Bill			100		300.05

My issue is, that I schedule my paycheck, so that I can tell how much
money I have left over at the end of the month, by looking at the
balance before my paycheck hits.  In the first case, it's negative.  In
the second, it's 100.05.

Later,

-Dave

--