US Federal bond interest

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Aug 24 20:14:18 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 16:02, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Allen Ziegenfus <listmail at allenz.net> writes:
>
> > I was just wondering about how to go about this myself. Could the
> > Mortgage Druid could be adapted to automate the entering of interest
> > payments?
>
> Last I heard the Mort. Druid didn't let you set up Asset interest
> payments, only Liability interest payments.  I don't think that has
> been changed.

That's correct.

But the formulae that the mort. druid uses are hand-enterable in
scheduled transactions ... so if you can create what you want with ipmt,
ppmt and/or pmt [literal copies of the gnumeric versions -- including
argument lists], go ahead and enter same into the scheduled-transaction
editor window.

You'll want to note that the variable 'i' is always bound to the
sequence number of the scheduled transaction.

You should also note that any/all user-created scheme functions that
return a gnc-numeric value -- similar to the ones in src/scm/fin.scm --
are available in this context ... that is, if a function is encountered
in a credit/debit cell, 'gnc:' is pre-pended to the name and evaluated
in the scheme context of gnucash.

Happy hacking...
...jsled