"Double Dating" transactions?

JIm javastead at fastmail.us
Tue Aug 31 16:59:19 EDT 2004

Thomas John Vitolo wrote:

> Good sirs and madams:
>
> Is it possible to "double date" a transaction?

Not that I know of.
I have found that when I feel the need to  "double date" a transaction,
what I really want to do is do two transactions.  That is take that money
out of one account and put it in another account on the first date, and
then take it out of that account and put it into a third on the second
date.

As an example, you may want to take money out of income and put it into a
taxes paid account on one date (to get the tax paid in the right year) and
then when you get that rebate, it would come come
--
Jim