"Double Dating" transactions?

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Tue Aug 31 19:46:43 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 09:59, JIm wrote:
> Thomas John Vitolo wrote:
> > Good sirs and madams:
> >
> > Is it possible to "double date" a transaction?
>
> Not that I know of.
> I have found that when I feel the need to  "double date" a transaction,
> what I really want to do is do two transactions.  That is take that money
> out of one account and put it in another account on the first date, and
> then take it out of that account and put it into a third on the second
> date.
>
> As an example, you may want to take money out of income and put it into a
> taxes paid account on one date (to get the tax paid in the right year) and
> then when you get that rebate, it would come come

 All in all it is an interesting question and we really haven't seen any
straight forward solution.
Are there no accountants on this list to give us an answer? :-)

--
Remember:"Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is Stable."
-- Anonymous

Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."