About invoice and mutli-devise....

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 2 13:35:33 EST 2004

Patrick Gelin <patrick.gelin at free.fr> writes:

>> Since the invoice is already in USD you know how much in USD you are
>> paying.  You could just apply the payment (in USD) from your Euro
>> account and then hand-edit the exchange rate.
>
> I can't! I can only hand-edit the euro to USD exchange rate, not the
> contrary, because invoice payement can't be edited!

Huh?  The Payment transaction can be hand-edited.  The invoice
transaction cannot.  As I said, the _invoice_ requires you to use a
common currency for A/R and all income accounts.  But you can still
process the payment and then adjust that.

It sounds like you need a duplicate account-tree in USD for your
invoicing, so you can then lazy-adjust to Euro when you actually have
the conversions.