New to list, couple of questions

Kevin Ludovic kpludes at tds.net
Sat Dec 4 13:28:18 EST 2004

Hi, I've been using Gnucash since I loaded Mandrake 9.0 several years back.  Mostly use it for my home finances.  Learning as I go.  Love the program.  Couple of questions.

1.  I've been using the SX function for quite some time to remind me of my recurring monthly billing and keep track of paychecks.  Just started to play with the formulas section.  I am trying to set up paychecks so that I just have to enter the gross amount and it calculates taxes and net.  Have figured out how to get the tax calculations, but am having a little trouble with the net calculation. Are there any guidelines to follow when setting up the calculations?  If so, I suggest the be added to the manual as this section is very vague.

2.  Is there any way to reconcile just part of a transaction?  There are times when I have orderd items over the internet and becouse of  items being backordered the retailer only bills for items shipped.  When it comes time to reconcile I have had to reduce the amount of the original transaction and create a second transaction for the remaining.

---