associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Tue Dec 7 01:00:11 EST 2004

So, the killer feature I'm looking for in an accounting app is the
ability to attach arbitrary files to transactions.  Specifically,
jpegs of my scanned reciepts.

I know you can do some sort of transaction record cross-referencing
manually, but I'd really love to have it be automatic, mainly because
I'm afraid of accidentally renumbering my transactions and losing the
associations; that would be a horrible disaster for me, so I'd feel
way better if the accounting app itself had a notion of attaching
something to a particular transaction.  The ability to justify past
transactions with reciept images is really important to me for a lot
of reasons.

Does gnucash do this?  Is there a way to make it do this?  If not,
does anybody know of an accounting app (Linux or Mac OS X) that does?
Aside from managing reciept images, my needs are quite simple.

  - a

--
I wrote my own mail server and it still has a few bugs.
If you send me a message and it bounces, please forward the