associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Dec 7 09:05:28 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 01:00, Adam Megacz wrote:

> So, the killer feature I'm looking for in an accounting app is the
> ability to attach arbitrary files to transactions.  Specifically,
> jpegs of my scanned reciepts.

The idea is brought up here periodically.  No one's stepped up with
code, however.

> I know you can do some sort of transaction record cross-referencing
> manually, but I'd really love to have it be automatic, mainly because

Yeah, it seems like you'd want GnuCash to call over to a TWAIN library
and initiate scanning.  You'd really want to build it into the
transaction-entry data-entry workflow for it to be useful.

Either that, or build a 'I have the receipt here' flag into transaction
entry, which leads to a batch "let's scan a bunch of receipts!"
workflow.

> Does gnucash do this?

Nope.

> Is there a way to make it do this?

Simple Matter of Programming.

> If not,
> does anybody know of an accounting app (Linux or Mac OS X) that does?
> Aside from managing reciept images, my needs are quite simple.

I've never seen one.

...jsled