Downloading quotes

Ben allegro at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 8 10:52:56 EST 2004

Hello all,

I've been having a bit of fun trying to get the downloading
of security prices working. I'm using OS X 10.3.6 and Fink.
So far I've managed to install GnuCash 1.8.9 from source,
and everything seems to be fine in the base application.

However, when going to Price Editor and clicking on Get
Quotes, I get a message to the effect that I have to run
update-finance-quote as root. At this point, I ran fink
-list finance, which gave the following result:

Information about 1984 packages read in 2 seconds.

  i   finance-quot...  1.08-11      Perl module to get stock
quotes

  i   finance-quot...  0.31-11      Perl module to get old
financial
 quotes

Nonetheless, I executed sudo update-finance-quote, at the
end of which all the tests ran successfully. However, I
still get the prompt saying that some packages are missing
and that I should run update-finance-quote. I'm wondering if
there are other modules that I'm lacking (but shouldn't Fink
have installed them), or whether GnuCash has problems
locating the Perl modules. In any case, I'm a bit confused,
and was wanting to know if anyone had any advice on this.

Ben