Downloading quotes

Dave Reed drlinux at columbus.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 14:23:14 EST 2004

Actually I didn't read that close enough - it added it to ~/.profile and
I think I put the line in ~/.bashrc. I had been using tcsh on
Soloaris/Linux for the last 13 years but decided to give bash a try on
OS X. I'm not clear on the difference in bash between .profile and
.bashrc. I don't have a .xinitrc on my OS X machine. I do on my Linux
box which I use to start my window manager.

Unless you want to run a X11 based window manager on OS X, I don't think
you want a ~/.xinitrc

Dave