New Mandrake 10.1 install Gnucash won't start

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Dec 12 15:30:00 EST 2004

Wilfried a écrit :

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> writes:
>>

>>> Had the same problem here. Turned out to be a font problem. Install
>>> xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts and/or xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts to solve the
>>> problem. For some reason these are not installed with the default MDK
>>> 10.1 install.
>>>

>>> Does this make sense?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help!
>>>

>> Yep, this makes sense.
>>
>> -derek
>>

> Hi,
>
> I use Mandrake 10.1 official and have no problem with GnuCash 1.8.9.
> Maybe I had the right fonts by chance.
> I installed the Mandrake RPMs.
>
> wilfried

Hi Wilfried:

Did you do an upgrade to Mdk 10.1 Official or a fresh install?  I had
fresh installed twice with the same problem.  I also removed and
re-installed GnuCash 2-3 times after this trying to trouble shoot ...
this before finding out that it was related to a missing font.  Maybe
something has gone wrong with my ISO burns!

Everything works fine now.

Cheers

Marc