Datafile error [was Re: Gnucash, GTK2, and Windows]

Aaron Dalton aaron at daltons.ca
Fri Dec 17 16:33:12 EST 2004

Justin Kelly wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone tried Cooperative Linux
> http://www.colinux.org/
>
> http://www.colinux.org/?section=screenshots
>
> Its free and allows you to run linux program 'in' windows,
> Havent used it myself but it might allow for gnucash on windows
>
> Cheers
>
> Justin

YES!  IT WORKS!  No, it is not the most practical solution for many as
it *is* still an emulated linux environment.  Between the XServer and
the coLinux/Debian distributions you're looking at 2gb total disk space.
  My one friend, though, has lots of disk space and this solution will
eliminate the need for dual booting.

We're trying to load his previous data file (from FreeBSD) and are
receiving the following error.  We've opened this file with different
versions of GnuCash in the past (again on BSD) so we're not sure exactly
what's happening.  Is this a low-level datafile problem? or some other
type of issue?  I am running Gnucash version 1.6.6 as fetched by
Debian's "apt-get install gnucash".  I am also including the first few
lines of the datafile.

Thanks so much for your time and Justin for the push in the right direction!
Aaron

--BEGIN ERROR MSG--
** WARNING **: Unknown type: book

** CRITICAL **: file sixtp.c: line 515 (sixtp_sax_end_handler):
assertion `pdata
->parsing_ok' failed.
Error: sixtp_handle_catastrophe: parse failed at

(stack-frame 0x831a6b8
              (parser 0x831a190)
              (tag (null))
              (data-for-children (nil))
              (data-from-children)
              (frame-data (nil)))
   (stack-frame 0x83296c0
                (parser 0x831a1f0)
                (tag gnc-v2)
                (data-for-children (nil))
                (data-from-children)
                (frame-data (nil)))
     (stack-frame 0x83297b0
                  (parser 0x831a540)
                  (tag gnc:count-data)
                  (data-for-children 0x83297c8)
                  (data-from-children)
                  (frame-data 0x83297c8))
--END ERROR MSG--

--BEGIN TOP OF DATAFILE--
aaron at colinux:~/.gnucash$ cat daltons | more
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gnc-v2>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="book">1</gnc:count-data>
<gnc:book version="2.0.0">
<book:id type="guid">8b2c8eebb9be1d78a0a6b6a73939205f</book:id>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="account">193</gnc:count-data>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="transaction">1217</gnc:count-data>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="schedxaction">4</gnc:count-data>
<gnc:pricedb version="1">
--END TOP OF DATAFILE--