Cheque v. Check

Doctorcam cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Thu Dec 30 14:02:02 EST 2004

* reriding at xmission.com (reriding at xmission.com) wrote:

> Really, all this smarmy elitism isn't helping me keep my over three
> years of gnucash records consistent.  Are you suggesting I should go
> back and change all spelling of check (which is perfectly correct
> according to more than one dictionary I have consulted) to cheque (also
> correct but clearly different)?

I think it's important to distinguish between cheek and smarminess.
"Check" is the US spelling, "cheque" is used by most of the remainder
of the English-speaking world.  It's amusing to some of us to see the
Commonwealth spelling in an application developed (mostly) in the US.

Why do you feel you should change your previous entries?

More to the point - I notice that on my machine, the spelling is as
you describe (i.e. "cheque") for account names, but I set them up that
way.  The "Print check" option uses the US spelling.  I'm using
1.8.9.  Is this a 1.8.10 thing?

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417