Cheque v. Check

reriding at xmission.com reriding at xmission.com
Thu Dec 30 17:42:13 EST 2004

On 30 Dec, Doctorcam wrote:
> * reriding at xmission.com (reriding at xmission.com) wrote:

[...] helping me keep my over three years of gnucash records consistent.
[...]

> Why do you feel you should change your previous entries?

Mostly as stated above, consistency over 3+ years of records.

> More to the point - I notice that on my machine, the spelling is as
> you describe (i.e. "cheque") for account names, but I set them up that
> way.  The "Print check" option uses the US spelling.  I'm using
> 1.8.9.  Is this a 1.8.10 thing?
>
> Cam

debian unstable, gnucash version 1.8.9-4, from ftp.debian.org.  The
exact same version I had installed before my recent re-installation.
My account name is Checking. As you say, I set it up that way. The
File-->Print Cheque and the Register Action field are now spelled
Cheque.  In addition, the Action field now includes "Bank Teller" which
it did not before.  I'm not asking for global acceptance of American
spelling, just some way for ME to have it!

--
Bert Riding
reriding at xmission.com
gnupg fingerprint:
C0F6 E202 EFB3 F332 CAB0  85D4 A113 9F46 3C93 5A6E