Cheque v. Check

Doctorcam cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Thu Dec 30 18:05:36 EST 2004

* reriding at xmission.com (reriding at xmission.com) wrote:
> On 30 Dec, Doctorcam wrote:
> > * reriding at xmission.com (reriding at xmission.com) wrote:
> >

> [...] helping me keep my over three years of gnucash records consistent.
> [...]
>

> > Why do you feel you should change your previous entries?
>
> Mostly as stated above, consistency over 3+ years of records.
>

> > More to the point - I notice that on my machine, the spelling is as
> > you describe (i.e. "cheque") for account names, but I set them up that
> > way.  The "Print check" option uses the US spelling.  I'm using
> > 1.8.9.  Is this a 1.8.10 thing?
> >
> > Cam
> >

> debian unstable, gnucash version 1.8.9-4, from ftp.debian.org.  The
> exact same version I had installed before my recent re-installation.
> My account name is Checking. As you say, I set it up that way. The
> File-->Print Cheque and the Register Action field are now spelled
> Cheque.  In addition, the Action field now includes "Bank Teller" which
> it did not before.  I'm not asking for global acceptance of American
> spelling, just some way for ME to have it!

I don't blame you.

You and I have the same version, since I am running a Debian
testing/unstable mix, with the Experimental versions of libltdl3 and
libltdl3-dev to make it work.  What happened to you sounds really
weird, but I think it has nothing to do with gnucash.  I'm no guru
with this stuff, but at a guess, I'd say it has to do with your
locales.  I don't understand your reference to "Register Action" - is
this the Actions pulldown, or something else?  Maybe I don't see this
because I handwrite my cheques (not very many in the month, so it's
not worth setting up printing), and have never explored this, never
mind set it up.

Back to locales: what is in /etc/locale.gen?

Good luck.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417