XML-file: 3 questions

Willi Tonsern willi.tonsern at aon.at
Fri Feb 6 08:24:58 CST 2004

Hi

I use V-1.8.7.
In order to merge my foreign currency QIFs into a "basic" currency
GnuCash file, I parse the GnuCash XML-file.......

I have a very small test file with 5 transactions; 4 of them are
transactions between accounts with different currencies.

There is a section tagged <gnc:pricedb> in the XML file with elements
element describes in some way the particular value relationship between
commodity and currency for exact one transaction.

1. question:
Is there a <price> element for each "currency" transaction???

2. question:
I cannot relate transaction-element and price-element; wheter the
date-posted nor the date-entered nor the id's doe correspond exactly (in
my test file)

3. question:
how do you create the values for the differnt "id"s? (how do you get the
base value before the MD5 conversion?)

thank you for both your effort and answers
-willi