Invoice workflow

Doug Ransom dransomxxx at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 16:57:41 CST 2004

 --- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote: >
> DUDE..
>
> PLEASE CC GNUCASH-USER ON __ALL__ RESPONSES!!!!!!

Yeah, I am new to webmail on yahoo (sorry) and just
made mistakes with the interface.

> Doug Ransom <dransomxxx at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I think a source of my confusion is that the
> manual
> > section 12.3 (accounts receiveable initiali setup)
> > shows a hierarchy like
> >
> >  -Assets
> >    -Checking
> >    -Accounts Receivable
> > -Income
> >    -Sales
> >
> > but for my income account in edit invoice I am
> only
> > allowed to pick from a drop down of Asset
> accounts.
> >

> > Am I doing something wrong, or found a defect?
>
> Are you sure Income:Sales is marked as an Income
> Account?
> Also, are you using a Customer Invoice or a Vendor
> Bill?
> It works fine for me with a proper account setup, so
> it's unlikely to be a bug -- more likely it's user
> error.

I think its some of each.  I changed the income
accounts from a water account and a sub account for
each payee to a single water account and forgot to
uncheck the placeholder box.

I am not sure if there are or should be any clues that
could be provided to the user here.