simple question

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun Feb 22 20:34:24 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:43:53PM -0800, Nick Ney was heard to remark:
> Dear folks,
>
> I am trying to transfer my bank records from my federal credit union onto
> Quicken 2004, using OFX downloads.  For financial reasons, my credit union
> has not paid Intuit the tens of thousands of dollars they require to be part
> of their program.
>
> As a result, I am stuck.  Not being particularly swift at computer stuff any
> how, I inquired from my bank what alternate strategy they  would recommend.
> By the way, I have a Mac G3, using OS 9.2.  The bank person I emailed told
> me that other credit union members have used GnuCash.

You should subscribe to one of the mailing lists; you can find he
them from the website.

> Here I am.  I looked over your website, and most of it was way over my head.
> I did see that your products support Mac OS X.  I am to surmise that GnuCash
> does not support OS 9.2?

Correct.

> If not, is the answer to be found in upgrading my
> OS?

I suppose.

> If, however, GnuCash can work on a Mac OS 9.2, please tell me what I
> need to download/purchase, etc.

Um, we don't sell anything.

There are other macos users on the gnucash-user mailing list,
go to the website, and subscribe to that mailing list.  Note
however, that we will be tweaking these lists over the next few days,
there may be some hiccups.

--linas