Concepts Guide in PDF format

Doctorcam cam at ellisonet.ca
Tue Feb 24 16:34:52 CST 2004

* Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) wrote:
> Donald D Henson <wepin at wepin.com> writes:
>
> >> There isn't a PDF version of the Concepts Guide?
> >
> > Just curious. Why would you even want anything in PDF format?
>
> <devil's advocate>
> Because you want to download the whole document and read it offline,
> like when you're going on a 20-hour plane ride to the other side of the
> planet?
> </devil's advocate>
>
> The docs are written in an xml (docbook?) format, so they COULD get
> rendered into PDF, but at this time I do not believe they are.  I
> don't know why.  Maybe Jon or Chris could speak up, being the most
> recent authors of the docs.

I'll give you another reason: display.  On my machine, with the
exception of some headings, every single symbol (alphanumeric or
otherwise) in the docs is preceded by a dash-outlined square.  I've
asked about this before, but my email was ignored.  The docs are
useless to me in this format.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison