Need report listing customer activity and total

pjmail2004-web pjmail2004-web at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 12:33:49 CST 2004

Hi all,

My first time posting to a list...  I am using gnucash .8.7 on SuSE
9.0.

I would like a report listing the transactions in an account, sorted by
customer (Description), and subtotaling the amounts for each customer
for each time period.

An example use:  I received a 1099 form from a client for work I did
last year, and I wanted to confirm the number presented there.

I came very close with using the Transaction Report, but I can't quite
get it to sum the subgroups of transactions when sorted on Description,
like it does so well when sorting by Date.   Maybe I just haven't tried
the correct combination of settings under the Options Sorting tab.

The Customer A/R Report is also very close, but it doesn't total the
invoices and payments.

Thanks,
Pete