Need report listing customer activity and total

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 25 10:33:04 CST 2004

Hi,

pjmail2004-web <pjmail2004-web at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> My first time posting to a list...  I am using gnucash .8.7 on SuSE
> 9.0.
>
> I would like a report listing the transactions in an account, sorted by
> customer (Description), and subtotaling the amounts for each customer
> for each time period.

Hmm, I don't think such a report actually exists...

> An example use:  I received a 1099 form from a client for work I did
> last year, and I wanted to confirm the number presented there.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that.  I think the customer report could be
modified to show this on a per-customer basis, but not for all
customers.

> I came very close with using the Transaction Report, but I can't quite
> get it to sum the subgroups of transactions when sorted on Description,
> like it does so well when sorting by Date.   Maybe I just haven't tried
> the correct combination of settings under the Options Sorting tab.

I've not played with the txn report, so I don't know if this is possible
in the current implementation.

> The Customer A/R Report is also very close, but it doesn't total the
> invoices and payments.

Yea, this would probably be fairly easy to modify.  It would just
require two more collectors, one for invoices, one for payments, and
then printing the totals at the end.  A patch would be accepted ;)