Unalbe to start gnucash because of "Unbound variable: gnc:define-report"

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 15 10:57:09 CST 2004

Please CC gnucash-user on ALL responses.

Bernd Muent <Bernd.Muent at euroscript.de> writes:

> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>
>> What OS do you use?  If Linux, which Disto?
>> What version?
>> More quuestions after you answer these.
>
> I have a self-compiled "Linux from Scratch" version 5.

OH.  Well then who knows that the state of your system is...
I doubt we can really help you, because you've pretty much got
a "one of a kind" system.  Unfortunately that means you're on
your own.

Perhaps we need to set up a for-pay "we'll help you get gnucash
running on your one-of-a-kind system" company for people who
can't run normal distributions. ;)

> My Desktop is Gnome 2.4.0 and to be able to compile GCash I also
> compiled Gnome 1.4 libraries.
> Maybe you need the version of Guile? 1.6.4

No, gnucash will work with any guile from 1.3.4 through 1.6

> Is there anything of extra configuration work necessary for guile?

Just slib, but the gnucash configure script should have tested for that.

> Thank you for your help, Bernd

Good Luck,