gtkhtml error

Rob Hinst rob at exobitnetworks.com
Tue Jan 20 17:22:31 CST 2004

I consistently get this error when starting up gnucash:

gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Configuration server couldn't be
contacted:
 Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Is anyone familiar with what this means?

If I open again after this, it detects a lock file left over from the
previous failed attempt to run and asks if i want to open my file anyway
or create a new one. If I create a new file, I get into the program. But
as soon as I attempt to open my file, the program gets zapped and
disappears.

Apparently it doesn't like my file, but does anyone know what could have
caused it (working perfectly fine for the past few months) to suddenly
start doing this? Is there any prior history of the file getting
corrupted somehow?

Rob Hinst
Senior Software Engineer
Exobit Networks, Inc.