I broke QFX import

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Tue Jan 20 18:51:22 CST 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 14:23, Jochen De Smet wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 17:36, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> > > There's no libofx package installed. For reference I downloaded a
> > > SuSe libfox RPM and checked which files are in there.
> > >
> > > provided by GnuCash:
> > >   /usr/bin/ofx2qif
> > >   /usr/bin/ofxdump
> > >   /usr/lib/libofx.so.0
> > >   /usr/share/libofx/dtd/ofx160.dtd
> > >   /usr/share/libofx/dtd/ofc201.dtd
> >
> > For reference, you can get the libofx version with ofxdump --version.
> >
> > I believe libofx 0.6.6 released a few days ago should fix your problem.
>
> A week or so ago I finally decided i was getting behind too much to let
> the problem linger so I installed another RH9 and gradually worked up to
> what I already had. It turns out that going back to an earlier version
> of opensp fixed the issue. (although ofxdump is still spewing lots of
> warnings, but iirc you mentioned in your release announcement for libofx
> 0.6.6 that you fixed most of those now).
>
> Given that the gnucash RPMs for RH9 include libofx, is there an easy way
> to try your new version without getting into a mixed source/binary
> situation with all the RPM misery that comes with it? Or will the next
> GNUCash release most likely include this new libofx version?

I have no idea why RedHat decided to include libofx inside the gnucash
package.   It's unfortunate because you could have built the RPM from the
spec file in the libofx source and not mess up your RPM database.  But the
way things are, I have no control over RedHat's package.

I would however be interested in knowing exactly what version of OpenSP you
had and which one you downgraded to.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/