Action Field, Present, future, projected minimum etc

Spam Proof spamproof007 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jan 25 07:18:21 CST 2004

Hi,
I am a home user, and I have been using Gnucash for around an year. I
should say that it has served me really well. The tutorials are also good
and it got me started with doubly entry accounting and Gnucash.

I have few queries

1. When I open an asset (say Bank Accounts), it shows five columns in
the top (Present, Future, Cleared, Reconciled, Projected Minimum). I
know what is Reconciled, but could someone explain what is Cleared?
Also, how is present, future and projected minimum calculated?

2. I read in the architecture document that there is a way of grouping
related expenses using the action field. Can someone explain how this
can be done? For example I spent something on food and travel as part
of my vacation. How can I mark both these expenses together so that I
can get the total of how much I spent on the vacation?

3.Is there a way to show the capital gains?

4.What is the difference between notes and description fields? How am I supposed to use them?

Thanks.

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.