Will we see gnucash 1.8.8 for Mac OS X 10.2 in Fink?

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Sun Jan 25 07:20:39 CST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

> cosmodog at comcast.net writes:
>

>>Does anyone know if we will see gnucash 1.8.8 for Mac OS X 10.2 in
>>Fink?  I see 1.8.8 for 10.3.  Do we needed to buy the new os if we
>>want to keep up with gnucash via fink?
>

> Wow, I didn't realize fink was that specific... I can't imagine why
> you couldn't use the 1.8.[x] fink definitions and apply them to
> gnucash-1.8.8.  There were no major changes that should cause it to
> fail.
>
> Hopefully Peter, the gnucash-fink maintainer, can speak up about it.

Yeah, unfortunately apple keeps breaking binary/source compatibility ever so
slightly with each major release, so we have to have different packages.

I only have one computer and limited free time, so I haven't been able to
get around to testing my packages on 10.2. Since nobody has complained
before this I wasn't too worried about it :-p.

Thanks,
Peter (now rewriting priority list)