newbie question; Accounts Payable, making payments

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 30 08:31:15 CST 2004

Marc Evans <Marc at SoftwareHackery.Com> writes:

> The Payables Aging Report is accurate. The bills-due reminder shows all
> bills ever entered into the system. I could almost get by without the
> bills-due reminder, except that it contains the exact date on which a bill
> is due, whereas the Payables Aging Report doesn't.

It shows ALL bills ever entered?!?  That sounds... wrong.  It should
ignore paid bills (and bills not-yet-due).  It certainly works right
for me here.  I've got a test-file with two bills already due (to the
same vendor).  It shows both in the reminder.  I pay one (the older
one) and then the reminder only shows the newer one.  Also, the "find"
window shows the invoice as paid.

So, I don't know what to tell you; I can't reproduce your behavior.