Year end

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 4 15:05:05 EDT 2004

Johan Sch <johansche at absamail.co.za> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> Compliments to creators/maintainers of gnucash.

Thanks.

> In Quicken-98 every year end I was able to carry forward only files
> not reconciled.
>
> How is this done in gnucash please.

Unfortunately at this point there is no way to do this in the released
versions of gnucash.  There's some preliminary "book closing" in CVS,
but I'm not convinced it's something that you should use regularly
even if you could, because they you'd fail to get multi-year reports.

If you REALLY need to do this you could just File -> Export Accounts,
open the new file as your new CoA, and then rebuild your assets from
the opening balance equity account.