How to use the Wiki????

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 18:18:11 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 10:55, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:44:44PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:
> > Make sure your username is a WikiWord, lvepstas won't work, LinasVepstas
> > will.
>
> What's a wiki word?

AnythingInOneWithCapitals

http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=WikiWord

http://www.google.co.uk/linux?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=WikiWord&btnG=Google+Search

> Is there a master list
> somewhere,

No, you just make them up.

> and could you add just plain 'linas' to it?  (I don't
> like lvepstas anyway).

It must have capitals, that's what makes it a WikiWord. wikiword won't work.
Neither will Wikiword or wikiWord or Wiki Word.

> I tried logging in again, under 'linas vepstas'

No spaces & >1 capital.

LinasVepstas
LvEpstas
??

> with and without a space in the middle  ... still didn't work.

without space, + >1 capital.

> I'm thinking that maybe there are multiple gnome-support mirrors,
> and only some of them have this user-id/password thing, and I keep
> coming up with a non-functional mirror.  Which sucks ...

No, I don't think so, you just aren't used to a Wiki.

--

Neil Williams