Share GnuCash files between users?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jul 13 08:31:25 EDT 2004

  Dan Iseminger <diseminger at telus.net>,
  In a message on Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:08:38 -0700, wrote :

DI> Thanks everyone for your help.  I had created a group OK, but I was only
DI> setting the permissions like 'chmod g+rw', not g+rwx.  Now it's running as it
DI> should.

The *directory* should have its permissions set to g+rws -- setting the
group 'sticky' bit causes all files created in that directory to
inherit the GID of the directory.  The plain files just need g+rw.

You might also want to set your umask to 002 -- this will cause files
you create to have group read+write permissions.

The above two settings will allow GnuCash to properly clean off older
log and backup files without errors.