Voidiing a cheque (check.)

Tyrone Cabugao tycabugao at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 16 23:57:38 EDT 2004

Robert C. Ramsdell III wrote:

>If the check comes back un-cashed (or is never sent), then just delete it
>from the account, all matching transactions in other accounts are deleted as
>well.  If the check was ever deposited then refunded (e.g. if it shows up on
>a statement), then a matching transaction reversing the order of money flow
>is appropriate to show gnucash transactions matching your statement.
>
>Robert

When I got my first voided check, I  created a transaction named
"*VOID*" (no parenthesis), that is blank in the Transfer To field, the
Debit field, and the Credit field. When entering a voided check after
that, I type in the check number, and type "*VOID*" and GC remembers not
to put in any amounts in the Transfer field, and the debit and credit
columns... Or, if I have to void a check that has already been entered,
I leave the check number alone and type... You guessed it! "*VOID*"! GC
deletes the entries in the Transfer, Debit, and Credit fields...
Autofill is nice. :-)