Where is gnucash for OSX?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 19 06:36:32 EDT 2004

> On Sunday 18 July 2004 15:01, jdebert wrote:
>>Fink knows nothing about it. Not even after being made current +
>>self-update + "update", "update-rsync" and "update-CVS".
Pay particular attention to the 'Phase 1' tab of Bill's instructions,
'enable unstable'.

Fink's web site gives details of what 'trees' a particular package is
available in:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/gnucash

 From this and the fact that you don't say which OS you're running I
suspect you're still on OSX 10.2 right? In which case Bill's
instructions may be a little less useful.

If you're happy with the command line, you can enable the unstable tree
by editing fink.conf:

"If you want Fink to use all of unstable, edit  /sw/etc/fink.conf, add
unstable/main  and unstable/crypto to the Trees: line, and  then run
fink selfupdate; fink index."
Quoted from: http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php

Do all that and 'fink list gnucash' should list the gnucash packages.
Happy compiling.

 > Bill Wisse wrote:
> Have a look at http://homepage.mac.com/elliottmce/gnucash_guide/
Nice writeup Bill! Particularly considering how often this question
keeps popping up.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons)
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at ntlworld.com>