Where is gnucash for OSX?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Mon Jul 19 16:25:41 EDT 2004

Adrian Simmons wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 July 2004 15:01, jdebert wrote:
>>
>>> Fink knows nothing about it. Not even after being made current +
>>> self-update + "update", "update-rsync" and "update-CVS".
>
> Pay particular attention to the 'Phase 1' tab of Bill's instructions,
> 'enable unstable'.
>
> Fink's web site gives details of what 'trees' a particular package is
> available in:
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/gnucash

Finally I can find fink's site, no thanks to charter cable--or whomever
is responsible for cutting off much of the net from charter subscribers.

>  From this and the fact that you don't say which OS you're running I
> suspect you're still on OSX 10.2 right? In which case Bill's
> instructions may be a little less useful.

10.2.8, IIRC. As I had no info at all any info would have been most
useful. And it was.

> If you're happy with the command line, you can enable the unstable tree
> by editing fink.conf:
>
> "If you want Fink to use all of unstable, edit  /sw/etc/fink.conf, add
> unstable/main  and unstable/crypto to the Trees: line, and  then run
> fink selfupdate; fink index."
> Quoted from: http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php

After downgrading to 0.6.3 things seem to work a whole lot better and
the package list is up to 1537 items.

> Do all that and 'fink list gnucash' should list the gnucash packages.
> Happy compiling.

Unfortunately gnucash fails to compile & install for failed
dependencies, in part due to missing packages which fink cannot find.

A quick check of dependencies v. installed stuff indicates I have at
least a week's worth of work, doing updates, builds and installs to get
to where gnucash can successfully build. That's provided I can find
everything that fink cannot.

A real binary would be really nice...

A current faq would also be nice. In a very obvious place, even.

Thanks for the info & help...

=-=