Where is gnucash for OSX?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 19 19:33:07 EDT 2004

jdebert wrote:
> Unfortunately gnucash fails to compile & install for failed
> dependencies, in part due to missing packages which fink cannot find.
That's a fairly common story, gnucash has a *lot* of dependencies, fink
has a tendency to get confused along the way - but that's not the same
as saying it won't compile, it will, it just takes time and patience.

> That's provided I can find everything that fink cannot.
Fink will usually download and compile all the necessary
dependencies...eventually.

> A real binary would be really nice...
There's a binary download available through Fink, but only on OS X 10.3.
Peter O'Gorman does an excellent job of maintaining the Fink Gnucash
package, but he can't work on a 10.2 binary if he's not running 10.2
anymore.

I know it can be frustrating but do remember that this is all done
through volunteer effort.

As for your dependency problems:

Are you saying that fink is unable to download the source archives?

Often fink seems to get confused about the sequence in which it installs
dependencies, simply repeatedly issuing 'fink install gnucash' sometimes
does the trick.

If it gets stuck with a particular error then let us know the problem,
send the details of the error - though you may find fink-users is a
better list than this one for that sort of question.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons)
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at ntlworld.com>
Microsoft Messenger ID: adrian at perlucida.com