CURRENCY SELECTION

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 19 09:42:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

There must be something wrong with your caps-lock key.
This message should have been sent to the gnucash-user
mailing list, not to me.

Chris Benadie <chrisben at isat.co.za> writes:

> HI
>   I AM USING GNUCASH 1.8.9 AND WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE ZAR TO JUST R
> ,BECAUSE IN OUR COUNTRY SOUTH AFRICA WE NO LONGER USE ZAR IT IS ONLY
> RAND ABBV "R".
>                ZAR IS FROM THE OLD SYSTEM.IF I DO CHANGE IT TO R THEN
> NOTHING DISPLAYS IN ANY REPORT OR PRINTOUT
>                                        THANK YOU

Unfortunately changing the name of a currency is not sufficient,
because that would in effect be a new currency.  You need to handle
currency "name changes" as a special case and convert from the old to
the new currency.

I suggest you file a bug report.