rfc or suggestion--save backups function for gnucash

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Tue Jul 20 04:49:57 EDT 2004

I think gnucash could benefit from a function to (optionally) save
backup copies of an account file before and after opening.

The function would feature three methods: "do not make backups", "make
backups" and "exec an external app or script to make backups".

Currently I use a shell wrapper to make backups before and after running
gnucash. Putting this feature into gnucash may make it more flexible and
helpful to ordinary users who would not be able to make or install wrappers.

Does this seem like something useful?

It's been a very long time since I've done any coding--not since VMS5.3
and SunOS3 so it may take some time to get back up to speed. (hint, hint)

=-=