AGAIN - Scheduled Transactions

Johan Sch johansche at absamail.co.za
Thu Jul 22 07:14:41 EDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:06:02 -0700
cosmodog at comcast.net wrote:

> I have all my scheduled transactions set to auto create 32 days in
> advance with no reminders.  The transactions get created into an asset
> account called "Upcomming Payments".  Around the 1st and the 15th I
> open "Upcomming Payments", adjust the date, amount and check number as
> needed, then move the transaction from "Upcomming Payments" to its
> ultimate resting place.
>
> This lets me see my anticipated income and expenses 32 days out all on
> one page.
>
> I also set "Account Tree Menu>Options>Fields to display" to show
> present, future minimum and total balances.
>
> (I use an asset account for "Upcomming Payments" so I can nest it,
> menuwise, with my checking accounts which is where most of the
> transactions will end up.)
>
> Defaults for some of the scheduled transaction editor settings can be
> changed in Menu>Edit>Preferences>Scheduled Transactions>.
>
> -Richard

<<  snip  >>
*********************************
Hi Richard,

Month ago I exported from quicken-98 and imported in gnucash. My file now have its own appearance and not to gnucash created with the standard fields. All is well except in quicken I was able to edit the schedule on receiving account by post and then activate it when the transaction was due.

I could not find any way in gnucash instructions for scheduled transactions (very little Howto for this option).

I use mandrake 10.0 official release and gnucash version 1.8.9. (mdk rpm install version)

Now it seems that your method may be my answer. I have a learning directory where I try by trial and error. Try as I could with my limited knowledge I can not duplicate your method.

1 - I can not find this .. "Account Tree Menu>Options>Fields to display" to show  present, future minimum and total balances.

2 - I can not find this ..  Menu>Edit>Preferences>Scheduled Transactions>.

3 - Kindly if you have the time and feel in a good mood .. please some newbie steps how you create your setup.

Thanks
--
Johan Sch
Registered Linux User #330034