Scheduled Transactions

cosmodog at comcast.net cosmodog at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 13:06:02 EDT 2004

I have all my scheduled transactions set to auto create 32 days in
advance with no reminders.  The transactions get created into an asset
account called "Upcomming Payments".  Around the 1st and the 15th I
open "Upcomming Payments", adjust the date, amount and check number as
needed, then move the transaction from "Upcomming Payments" to its
ultimate resting place.

This lets me see my anticipated income and expenses 32 days out all on
one page.

I also set "Account Tree Menu>Options>Fields to display" to show
present, future minimum and total balances.

(I use an asset account for "Upcomming Payments" so I can nest it,
menuwise, with my checking accounts which is where most of the
transactions will end up.)

Defaults for some of the scheduled transaction editor settings can be
changed in Menu>Edit>Preferences>Scheduled Transactions>.

-Richard