generic sql [wasRe: The Gnucash database?]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 22 09:10:31 EDT 2004

At this point I don't believe there is any hope of it working on
DB2 without a lot of work.  While the SQL is pretty standard, the
interface is still PG-specific, using the libpg library interface
to the library.

Building Gnucash is pretty easy once you get all the build
dependencies.  The hard part is getting all those -devel packages
installed.  Building on RHEL is definitely going to be harder because
they refused to distribute many of the gnome-1.4 packages that gnucash
requires.

Building gnucash to separate it from your default install is pretty
easy!  For example, I have three versions installed.  I just install
them into /opt/gnucash-<version> using the --prefix=... configure
option and all is well.

-derek