[OT?] Re: Mailing List: Subject Tags

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists at amtp.liv.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 08:21:31 EDT 2004

G'day Elizabeth,

* Elizabeth Dodd <liz at billiau.net> [040723 12:58]:
> I think that you are using Pine. I have no experience with Pine and cannot
> advise how to run mail filters.
> I know how to do them in Kmail, and I do find filtering messages to keep them
> in order very helpful.
> Can someone who knows how to do this in Pine help Michael?

What about the simpler approach of procmail ???

Use it to rewrite your headers if you want, use it to sort you mail
into different mailboxes, heck do both...  Don't expect lists to
change their behaviour because you happen to subscribe to a number of
them though Michael.

There are (I'm guessing) a number of people on this list who use
procmail who would be willing to help out if this is the path you
choose.

Just my $0.02 worth.

S.