Description column size locked when Register window is resized

Milind Kamble mbkads at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 10:47:56 EDT 2004

I searched the archives but found a reference to this
problem dating back in 2000. I am not sure this has
been discussed recently. So apologies in advance if I
have overlooked something trivial.

I am using Gnucash 1.8.9 on a GNU/Debian (unstable)
platform. My problem is: When I resize the register
window to make it larger, The Description column
occupies almost 60% of the window and I cannot make it
smaller by dragging the right-margin in the header for
that column. I would like to trade-off the Description
column to increase the size of the Transfer column
since I have a non-trivial account tree, and would
like to see as much of the account description as
possible.

I can resize all other columns except the Description
column. Any solutions?

Thanks
Milind