QuickBooks IIF file conversion to QIF for GnuCash import?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 13:24:30 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 5:52, Jack Gates wrote:
> Does any one know if a QuickBooks (not Quicken) file exported as an IIF
> (can only be exported in this format) can be read and converted by some
> application to a QIF or OFX format, so it can be imported into GnuCash?

Wouldn't you lose a lot of data? Doesn't QuickBooks do all those home
inventory things that GnuCash and Quicken don't? That would explain the
difference in the formats. How much of a QIF file does QuickBooks really
import? IIRC it just took the basic structure and ignored most of the complex
data, waiting instead for you to enter that by hand.

If Intuit don't make a filter, there *might* be a good reason.

> What amazes me is QuickBooks can import a QIF file from Quicken but can't
> export a QIF file.

Quicken can export QIF. I think you mean Quicken can't export IIF. That is NOT
surprising, you are asking an orange to export as an apple. A tangerine might
be possible, but not an apple. Sorry.
:-))

--

Neil Williams