new account tree

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 10 17:00:30 EDT 2004

Kevin HaleBoyes <khaleboyes at chartwelltechnology.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Please be sure to cc gnucash-user on all replies...
>
> Yup, sorry.  'Reply all' is really the way to go!
> Actually, should I just send it to the list or do you
> want the message sent to you directly as well as the list.

Either way.  I dont mind getting both copies.  My mailer will only
show me one of them. :)

>> Well, I'd call them "Expenses (CAD)" and "Expenses (TT)", but yes,
>> that's what I'd suggest.  You'll also need to create all the necessary
>> subaccounts within your tree.
>> Unfortunately, as I said, you have to do this all by hand using the
>> "New Account" option.
>
> Creating them by hand isn't a big deal to me.  There aren't a lot of
> accounts and it only has to be done once.
>
> Knowing the "best" way to do it was the problem.

At this point it's the only way.  You can have multiple trees in
multiple currencies, or you could have one tree with multiple leaves
for different currencies..  It's up to you.  There really isn't a
"right way".

> Thanks for your help and for a great product.
> Kevin.

You're welcome.